WordPress 4.9.6: Privacy and Maintenance Release
On the 17th of May WordPress released their latest update, version 4.9.6.
WordPress 4.9.6 has been released in conjunction with GDPR which comes into place on the 25th of May 2018. This makes it different to the usual minor updates that focus on security and maintenance.
The release includes 37 enhancements, 51 bug fixes and 2 tasks. The changes relating to privacy include:
- Cookie opt-in for comments
- User data export and removal tools
The other changes include:
- Mine has been added as a filter in the media library
- When viewing a plugin in the admin, it will now tell you the minimum PHP version required
- TinyMCE was updated to the latest version 4.7.11
You can find further information on WordPress 4.9.6 here.
Existing CuroHosting Customers
Automatic updates are one of the benefits of our Managed WordPress Hosting packages. All CuroHosting clients have already been updated to WordPress 4.9.6.
If you need any help updating your WordPress site you can contact one of our WordPress experts.
If you would like to trial our service, which includes automatic updates of WordPress core, themes and plugins, you can try us free for 14 days.